Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, October 13, 2011

You're invited ...

"Other Worlds," by Sherrie Spangler

"Deep Spaces" fiber exhibit
and
Edmonds ArtsCrush Opening

Thursday, Oct. 20, 5-8 p.m.
Edmonds Conference Center
201 4th Ave. N., Edmonds, WA 98020

I'd love to meet any of you who happen to be in the Edmonds, WA, area next Thursday for this opening. My quilt, "Other Worlds," will be in the show. As part of the annual ArtsCrush, a local poets group will write poetry about the works in the exhibit, so I can't wait to see what's written about mine.

I hope to be there for most of the evening, unless traffic sets me back. Anyway, if you're there be sure to introduce yourself. You'll be able to recognize me because I'll be wearing colors to match the quilt!

The exhibit runs through Nov. 30, then it will travel to Sam Houston University Museum Jan. 10-March 12, 2012; and the LaConner (WA) Quilt and Textile Museum March 28-June 24, 2012.

Cheers to Larkin Van Horn
or organizing the traveling exhibit!

Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations, Sherrie! I love this quilt so much, the shape, colors and stitching is wonderful!

Terri Stegmiller said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love the shapes and colors. It makes my eyes very happy.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wish I could see the exhibit. Maybe I'll have to plan a spring trip to La Conner drag Judi along...