Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wild and crazy pincushions


My little pincushion chicken made a new friend at last weekend's quilt retreat -- this outrageously colorful orange chicken with fluffy yellow tail feathers.


A few tables over there was a gathering of pear pincushions, posing on a wool pear quilt under construction.


Nearby, these selvedge pincushions posed for their portrait. (I can't get the photo to rotate -- sorry.) Another reason to never throw out the selvedges.

Everywhere I looked, there were pincushions of every possible color and design.


This is the very colorful table of fellow Twisted Nut Stitcher Linda J., where my chicken's new friend roosted during retreat. (My chicken was made by Linda P. of the Twisted Nuts.) That's a folded log cabin block she's working on; one of her vibrant coiled fabric bowls is behind it. Linda taught me how to make the fabric bowls, which I blogged about here: http://sherriequilt.blogspot.com/2010/10/bowls-of-color.html

Hope this has inspired you a little.

Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Ok, I am sooooooooooooooo jealous of all your yummy pictures. I have to go cry now because I am cleaning my sewing room today. Alone. And hungry from reading about your meals. And...my neck hurts. I need a message.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oooh, that chicken is definitely your style - you should see if you can adopt it. ;-)

Sherrie Spangler said...

I may just have to make my own.