Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, June 1, 2013

STITCH: Pulling out the pink



My last post was about blue and yellow, so tonight it's going to be PINK from our STITCH retreat on Whidbey Island. My favorite pink thing was Andrea's hot pink Singer sewing machine.


Here's Andrea, dressed in pink (or maybe it's purple, but close enough), using pink-handled scissors and a pink rotary cutter.



Barbara, above, and Delaine, below, are exuberant in pink.


And here is Delaine working on a partly pink quilt.


I did my third jelly roll quilt, mostly in pinks. I've decided that jelly roll quilts are the perfect project for when you're sewing away from home. I don't know about you, but I can't work on original art quilts when I'm away from my "stuff" because I never know what color or thread I'll need next. Sometimes I have to paint new fabric halfway through, or I suddenly decide that I really need a little scrap of foil. But with jelly rolls, you just grab the roll and a spool of thread and you're good to go.


I blogged here about how to make a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt: http://sherriequilt.blogspot.com/2013/03/rolling-out-color.html


We had pink outside, too. The Northwest is known for its spectacular rhododendrons, like this vivid pink one in Anne's yard. And the sunset turned the water and clouds a beautiful soft shade of pink. Hope you enjoyed today's color selection!



  Have a colorful day

4 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

Well, definitely a pink post that one!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful! I love the Rhododendrons... so pretty! Right now I'm parched for color... going to the nursery today to buy some flowers so I can add a little color to the yard... thanks for sharing some of your beautiful colors!

Judy Ferguson said...

Oh my, I am in love with that pink sewing machine. What a great post. Thanks.

Robbie said...

Great colorful post!!! Need more of these on those 'gray' days!