Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, October 31, 2015

More birds


Today I started Bird # 22 in Sue Spargo's bird book. I found the perfect pearl cotton thread in my stash to embroider the pinky-rose bird and yellow moon/sun ... a hand-dyed colorway called Nasturtium. It's by Laura Wasilowski at Artfabrik.com. I outlined the bird in the chain stitch, which is different from Sue's directions.


Then I added the little birdy feet with a tightly twisted thread called Silken Pearl:


Next I anchored the green circles with a tiny whip stitch. Tomorrow I'll do decorative embroidery around the circles and on the wing. I also might bead the moon/sun. I'm saving the eyes until I finish all 30 birds.



It was a good day to stitch because it poured buckets of rain all day.


The outdoor birds didn't seem to mind. The seagulls had a convention behind our house.



 Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Another beauty, and I love how they look all lined up together in the last picture! Jeez, guess the Trick or Treaters up your way didn't go out in that downpour last nite!