Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wool dots


I've been going dotty with wool dots! Thanks to the handy dandy hole punch that my husband gave me for Christmas (see this post: http://sherriequilt.blogspot.com/2017/01/wool-hole-punches.html ), it's really quick and easy to make even the tiniest circles.


They're a little hard to hold accurately in place with pins, so I put a dab of glue in the center to hold them in place while I whip stitch them down. This Sewline glue works nicely.


The only drawback to glue is that it holds the circles flat against the background after stitching, and I want the circles to puff out. To get around this, after I've stitched the circle partway down I peel it away from the background and then finish stitching.


On a completely unrelated note, my poor little baby Bunners is in a cast after breaking her toe! She doesn't understand what's going on and looks so sad.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

Oh no! How did bunny break her toe? Poor little baby but she's in good hands! Love the circle cutter! Talk about perfect circles! WOW! What a great tool!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

First, really good tips. Second, how in the heck does a bunny break a toe? Third, how did you figure out something was wrong with Bunner's toe?

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the dots, love the glue AND your solution to keeping them from laying perfectly flat! Poor Bunners... hope she heals quickly so she can get back to hopping around. :-(

Julia said...

Bunners got spooked and ran into a few things :( The cast is off already and she is recovering like a champ.