Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Wool hole punches



Hubby gave me a hole punch kit for Christmas
and it's almost better than chocolate! 



I've been using it to punch wool circles for my latest appliqué quilt. One whack (or maybe two) gives you a perfect circle. Besides the punches (round arch punches), he gave me a pounding mat and a weighted leather mallet. I never thought I'd be so excited about tools! The holes below are 1/4", 3/8" and 7/8".


Here's the link to the company he bought them from: 


The sunset last night was gorgeous. (The UFOs are reflections of our little white lights hanging inside the window.)


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Holy cow! Dave hit the jackpot on that one. What a boon for your wool projects. And I thought all I wanted was a Dremmel drill... :-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the tools of whatever project I am working on... Dave scored on this one! Beautiful sunset picture... I get better sunrise shots here, but once in awhile I luck out and get a good sunset.