Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A new wool project


I needed a new hand project, so I started a wool cover for my STITCH notebook. (STITCH is my art quilt group.) Right now I'm whip stitching all the pieces down, then I'll embellish like crazy with embroidery and beads and maybe some buttons around the borders.

This morning I spent a few hours stitching on the back deck where we watched the eclipse yesterday. It was very quiet except for a brief kerfuffle among the geese when an eagle landed on a nearby floating dock. The geese flew off in a huff and then a few crows swooped in to dive bomb the eagle. The eagle seemed oblivious. I resumed stitching and there were no further interruptions.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the bird report... very journalistic! ;-)
The notebook cover is so fun, and colorful! I look forward to seeing the finished project. Happy stitching!

Robbie said...

Look forward to progress on your book cover!!!