Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Down by the water



I took a walk down by the water this morning before the temperatures got too high. It was peaceful and quiet. Construction noise from the neighbor's new dock is over, the weekend jet skies are gone, and I didn't hear anyone jabbering on their deck on a cell phone. 


It was just me and the birds, empty boats, the water and Mount Rainier. Geese floated and basked in the sun ...


... and the crows took off when I approached.  We usually see an eagle and an osprey in the evening, but I didn't see any this morning. I also didn't see our resident heron.



On shore, kayaks rested unused.



Now the weather is hotter, and we're headed toward 99 degrees later in the week. Time to stay in the shade.

 Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Robbie said...

How peaceful it looks...love that picture of the rock wall? Looks like a quilt in the making!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds like a lovely day... a respite from humanity! I love that most days during the week, we are 2 of the only ones at home in the neighborhood. Retirement has definite benefits! Stay cool when the temps go back up... someday you'll have to experience our Monsoon season here. We're in the mid 70's to low 80's right now. Heaven!