Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

June color block completed


I printed out my June photos yesterday for the month's color inspiration. 

June actually was greyer than the photos convey, so I guess I didn't have the heart to take many pictures on those days. The rhodies also had peaked and were mostly gone, so it wasn't as colorful as May. In July the hydrangeas should be in full bloom, though, adding mountains of blue-purple-pink to my photos.


After spreading out the photos, I pulled out the fabric above for my collage. Below, I arranged it for sewing.


I used horizontal stitching in blue to hold it all down to the background square:


Here's how the year looks so far. Start in the upper left with January, and go across and then across the bottom row for January through June.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

sonja said...

That is so cool Sherrie, i love the modern look of your blocks and color fabric used in your blocks influenced from photos taken!
Ain't nature grand!

Happy 4th o July!
Sonja

Lynda said...

Sherrie, This is so interesting. I absolutely love this process. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.