Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Woolies inspiration


Our Woolies meeting yesterday had some great inspiration, starting with Judy's summer neighborhood quilt. She used elements from a Wendy Williams' pattern for the wool appliqué, but set them in her own arrangement for a quilt that will hang over a door. The turquoise background is not wool.


Look at the cool ways she uses rickrack! It took me a few minutes to realize that the orange roofline is actually rickrack.


Then Mary showed her nearly complete quilt, which uses pieced cotton prints as well as wool applique. 



Victoria is working on the 12 Days of Christmas, and here is one of her sweet blocks.


Bobbi had blocks from two different projects. The elephant is from Sue Spargo's book "Folk-Tails."



And I'm kicking myself because at the start of our meeting our hostess, Nancy, took us on a tour of her gorgeous gardens and I didn't get pictures because I was still sipping my coffee. I meant to go out later and get some, but I forgot. Anyway, it was a very inspirational day.

I'm linking to Nina-Marie's blog in case you want to see what other fiber artists have been up to this week:  getting-ready-for-quilting-by-lake-2018.html


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

Wow!! What lovely work!!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful work, full of inspiration!