Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Goat yoga -- in the rain


I've been reading about goat yoga for years on Facebook, and I finally got to try it yesterday! Triston from our neighborhood organized it and held it in a backyard, with an improvised fence to keep the goats in. The delightful session was led by Alyssa of Gig Harbor Goat Yoga (check them out on Facebook).


Goat yoga is basically a bunch of little goats jumping around and making everyone laugh during class.

The baby goats were so cute and curious that we couldn't keep our eyes (and cameras) off of them, but we still got in some yoga stretches. I was hoping one would get on my back and give me a little goat massage, but I wasn't so lucky.

Kandi -- from Feet & Forks -- and her new goat buddy.

This little one wasn't interested in me.
After we all took pictures and cooed over the goats, we sat down on our mats to start ... and the rain came. We hadn't had rain in ages, so it was welcome but the timing was bad. But we carried on and embraced the moisture. Our hostess passed around towels, which helped keep the mats from getting too slippery, but the goats kept us laughing through it all.


THEN, halfway through we had a surprise visitor -- a llama! It strutted right into the center of the group and made itself at home on the mats.



As you can see, Alyssa was good humored about all the class interruptions. She and her partner recently moved to a farm on the Key Peninsula and plan to offer goat yoga there. You can google Gig Harbor Goat Yoga for info.

That's Alyssa standing up front.
And later in the day, I finished my yoga quilt called "My Life." I made it for our STITCH challenge, which is to make a quilt with the theme "This Is Me." So mine is yoga, spring in the desert (Sedona in March), and writing.


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

First up...'My Life' is wonderful!!!! Nicely done!!!! I love seeing the llama on the yoga mat! What a hoot!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

The baby goats are adorable! I would be totally distracted if I had one of them around... too cute!
I love your quilt, so colorful, and great themes for you.

sonja said...

What a fun gathering. Goats in Yoga, what a concept!!
And anything that makes us laugh and giggle and has cute animals involved, is healthy!
Your Life'is indeed wonderful! And sew is your quilt!!