Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August color block



I just finished my August color block. The photos above show the month's flowers, smoky skies from Canadian wildfires, brown grass from drought conditions, shoreline, dark green trees and blue and white skies.

Here is the finished block:


I pulled out green silks for the trees and a torn strip of hand-painted pink for the flowers.


Bronze and silver meshes became the shoreline and silvery water.


Bunny break! 
The latest photo of Bunners from my daughter.


Grey cheesecloth and some sheers became the smoky skies.


 But yesterday the smoke cleared and I was able to stitch outside on the patio in the sun -- finally!


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Robbie said...

Stitching is coming right along! Look so nice and sunny and your piece looks great!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Nice work, matching all the colors for the month! And thanks for the Bunner pin-up, such a sweetie...
Happy stitching in your colorful socks!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh I love the stitching you are doing on the deck!. I've got a new great grandson on his way in January and dug out my crochet hooks and some lovely yarn. At least I have something to do while my husband watches dumb stuff on TV, lol.
xx, Carol