Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

New stitch, new project, Comfort Quilts



I played this morning with a new stitch that I learned from Sue Spargo's book. It's called the "needle weave bar" and it's quick and easy! 


You just stitch two long bars about an eighth or quarter inch apart and as long as you want the finished stitch to be ...


Then bring the needle up at one end, halfway between the bars, and use the blunt end of the needle to weave the thread back and forth between the bars.


I also like the lacy look of this flower created with x's and French knots. It's from Sue's Fresh Cut pattern which I'm working on.


Yesterday I stitched some Christmas presents, but since they're presents I can only show you a small part. I used some fabric that I painted eons ago. 


Then, for another shot of color, I stopped in at Comfort Quilts on my way home from yoga today and took some pictures of the most colorful tops:




Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

I have one of Sue's books for embroidery...will have to check out that stitch! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Nice! I was looking at Sue's website after your last post... if I didn't already have an overabundance of projects to work on, I would be tempted to get one of her books! Maybe next year...