Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Sew Day, CBD, Mexican and Ace


What do Ace Hardware, Mexican food and cannabis have in common? Our Sew Day last weekend!


There were only three of us this time, but we packed in a lot, starting with breakfast at Nancy's table set with a fall theme. Quiche, biscuits, raspberry jam and fruit. Yum! 


Nancy decorated her house beautifully for fall, including the wool applique candle mat that she made. 


She is a Master Gardener, so she had a nice selection of blooms from her garden to cut.


Somehow the talk turned to pot (which is legal here in Washington), and that's when Nancy said her husband has been using CBD cream to rub on his arthritic thumbs and that it started easing the pain after a few weeks. She said all the drugstores here have selections of CBD creams, sticks, lotions and potions! I'll have to give it a try on my thumb joints, which really ache when I hand stitch. Luckily, the CBD part of pot doesn't give you the munchies, because my weight can't afford that.


Then we finally got down to stitching, with all of us doing wool applique. The first picture is Linda's project, then Nancy's, then mine.




Then it was out to tour the garden before heading off to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. Little Lizzie accompanied us on the tour.



Mmm, mmm ... I had chicken enchiladas with a wonderful mole sauce, Nancy had chicken breast with mole sauce, and Linda had what I think are quesadillas. We ate at Moctezuma's. My serving was big enough to take half home for dinner.


A tradition with us has been to stop at the housewares section of Ace Hardware whenever we're in the area. Every time we go there we want, want, want! I usually note a few things to buy later at the annual fall Ladies Night, when everything is 20 percent off.


It was a good day.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

You always have the best outings!! Hmmmm Very interesting about the Cannabis creams! Who knew!!! I've read and watched documentaries on it's use for so many other aliments. You'll have to let us know how well it works! Mexican food is my favorite (hubby's is Italian)....your dishes looked fantastic!

sonja said...

I love the hardware store, always something THERE i need to fix or tools for projects. They used to sell the best brass wire i could fashion into earrings after twisting and pounding. I have a bigger left hand thumb, i call it my drumstick, that throbs when over worked . i have to remind my self not to clutch so tight while other hand operates THE NEEDLE. GOTA GET ME SOME CREAM OF POT. THINK WE ARE LEGAL HERE TOO. I love the Mex food thou i am part Italian