Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, December 31, 2018

All love surround you

My son's photo of the North Cascades.

"May the Long Time Sun
Shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light
within you
Guide your way on
Guide your way on."

-- Snatum Kaur

On my way to California.


Our yoga teacher Katie sang part of that song today at the end of class to bring us out of final relaxation. She is an opera singer and has a voice like a silver bell.  The words touched me deeply, as I am experiencing a heavy, heavy, personal loss and need to remember that I have a guiding light within.

At the end of yoga class, we say "Namaste," the light in me acknowledges the light in you.

Some light from 2018:





Namaste

5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with a loss, Sherry. Sending you positive, healing thoughts. <3

Donna said...

Also sorry to hear about your loss. Grief is fluid, be gentle with yourself and look for the gifts that occur each day. I love your blog. Sending hugs!

Rachel Desertspring said...

I love your sunset pictures! I have a yoga teacher who often plays that Snatum Kaur song, it is so peaceful and lovely. Sending you hugs Sherrie!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Donna, I can't find a way to contact you privately, but I want to thank you for your kind, wise words.

Vivien Zepf said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Good for you that you're able to still see the light and beauty in the world despite the grief you carry.