Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Snow day and Kahlua cake!


Monday was a snow day here in western Washington. A few inches closed everything down and I was forced to stay home and bake a chocolate Kahlua bundt cake. It was rough, but I did it. 

The cake batter had 3/4 cup of Kahlua, espresso, chocolate, sour cream ... As soon as it came out of the oven I poked holes all over with a skewer and drenched it in a syrup made with another 3/4 cup of Kahlua, sugar and a whole stick of butter. OMG!

It didn't come out of the pan too well, but it tasted great.

Well that didn't go well.


The snow was pretty and it was so peaceful looking out the windows. We're in for more snow starting tomorrow. 


I also used my snow day to cut out more wool for my Fresh Cut applique project. 


My friend Sherry, who helped eat the cake, gave me some beautiful locally dyed wool that she bought at the Sleepy Valley Quilt store in Port Angeles. Don't these pieces play well with the other colors?


 I also can't get this song out of my head. It's the snow day announcement sung to the tune of "Hallelujah" that's been making the rounds on social media. These guys are really good!

watch


Have a colorful day


5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

That's my kind of cake! Who cares how badly it came out of the pan - lol. Sounds and looks scrumptious.

Robbie said...

Oh my...those ingredients are heavily alone but now in a cake!!! Yum....what a fun, snowy day you had!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the colors in your applique project! Bright and cheery... just right for a snow day project! As for your cake, oh, my! Good thing you were staying home, off the roads! ;-)

BeverlyS said...

Cake sounds yummy! What a great snow video! Thanks for sharing. Our daughter and her family live in Maple Valley, WA. They had around 7”. We live in Virginia. We had none. 😪 Enjoy!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Thanks, everyone. Beverly -- I couldn't find your email, but thanks for your comment. I'm sure you'll get snow sooner or later!