Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Yoga wisdom: Still point



“At the still point of the turning world.

Neither flesh nor fleshless;

Neither from nor towards; 

at the still point,

there the dance is.

But neither arrest nor movement.

And do not call it fixity,

Where past and future are gathered.

Neither movement from nor towards,

Neither ascent nor decline.

Except for the point, 

the still point,

There would be no dance,

and there is only the dance.”


                                                                                                   ― T.S. Eliot


Joy's yoga wisdom from today's class: "At the still point of the turning world." A simple line from T.S. Elliot. Our yoga practice is the still point. The breath is the still point. A contented gathering of soft rabbits is the still point.

And tomorrow I'm on my way to Sedona, with these napkins that I made for my visitors!



Have a colorful day


4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I did not find that line from Elliot simple at all. I needed to go back over it slowly, thoughtfully, to fully understand it.

But a picture is worth a thousand words (or one simple line). So love that photo of the rabbits. There lies contentment for sure!

Safe travels! Wishing you sun and warmth and long healing hikes and reconnects with friends. :-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Safe trip, Sherrie! Joyce and I are soooo looking forward to our day together!

Robbie said...

Enjoy time with your friends...napkins are nice!!! Love the TS Elliot writing...I also had to read and reread more than once!!! Worth the time!!

Marybeth said...

I really like the larger font.