Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Snow storm of the decade


The snow storm of the decade, according to the news, has hit the Northwest, specifically the Puget Sound area where I live. We had about nine inches here since yesterday afternoon and more is predicted for most of next week.


It was supposed to start at 1 p.m. yesterday, so I went to yoga, which is over at noon. It wasn't snowing when we closed our eyes at 11:55 for final relaxation. When we opened them a few minutes later, it looked like a snow globe world outside!

Big, fluffy flakes fell steadily outside of the windows in the yoga studio at the Y. We decided to make a quick stop at Starbucks for our usual javasana ("coffee pose"), but we were not prepared for the roads there to be like parking lots. I think everyone was either going home early or hitting the grocery stores. But we made it and had our usual catchup chat and drinks before heading home to hunker down.

At the end of yoga class.
 Shortly after I got home, my Buddha statue looked like this:


 When I got up this morning, it looked like this!



"I am grateful for winter.
It reminds us that everyone and
everything needs some quiet time."

      -- Jillian's yoga wisdom at the end of yesterday's class.



So today I'm having quiet time -- sewing, sipping coffee, gazing out the window. As long as the power doesn't go out, I'll be a happy camper.




p.s. The power went out from 4-9:30 p.m. I turned on the fireplace and fake candles and had dinner that I had just finished cooking in the Instapot before it went out. Perfect timing!

 Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I just emailed you, 'cause I saw a weather report that predicted blizzard conditions up there... definitely will keep fingers crossed you don't lose power! Good day to make soup and stay warm & toasty, and sounds like your week will be more of the same... us too, but less intense. Winter is still here!

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

We had snow in Nevada as well. Love those “stay in the house “ days.