Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Some quotes on a rainy day

I gave this to my daughter and she regifted it to me.

As you have probably surmised if you've been following my blog this year, I've been focusing on staying strong and positive after my husband of 36 years left me (for an old college girlfriend). I haven't mentioned it much lately, but rainy days like today can get me down and I need to refocus.

My friends and family have been "walking me home." I love this quote by Ram Dass. It's a comforting way of looking at life.


My friend Beth sent me a deck of the Wildwood Tarot cards, and the Swan has become my "stalker card," meaning it keeps showing up, usually multiple times every day. I'm new to tarot, but according to the accompanying book the Swan card indicates: "A state of separation may exist, bringing with it sorrow ... You may need to break old bonds and find new rivers in which to swim if you are to move beyond this place of darkness and loss." Well, that's appropriate. I'm working on it!


For the most part I've been staying positive the last few months. Every time I start to feel down, I refocus on the positivity of friends, family, COLOR and my art. Blogging is especially enjoyable and therapeutic because it pulls together my love of writing, editing, photography and art.


Yesterday my STITCH group painted and stamped aprons, which I'll blog about later. Carol brought a stamp with a quote by Picasso that really speaks to me:

"Art washes away from the soul 
the dust of everyday life."


 Have a colorful day



4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful post, Sherrie! I love that you are blogging more with your wonderful photos and posts about the great groups you belong to. Keep focusing on the things you love with the people who love and support you, and that includes me!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love tarot. I have a "witch friend" that reads for me. It's good that you have a group to share your creative juices with. I know how those rainy days can be. We have been having a lot of them. I'll tell you what I tell me...
Just pick up something you love and stitch. If you can't stitch read. Watch a comedy. DON"T watch the news, lol.
xx, Carol

Robbie said...

As they say "this too will pass"...never seems like it will but...........you are strong and have a great support system. I just love seeing all your photo's in your posts! They cheer me up!!!! So thanks for that! Have a GREAT weekend!

Lynda said...

Sherrie, Great quotes especially the first and last ones. I'm so glad you have a large supportive group both online and local. Nothing like good women friends. I've been down this road (although we weren't married as long and it was his secretary), and it does get better. It just takes time. I'm also glad your blogging more, giving us all some inspiration. Sending you a great big hug. XoXo