Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sunshine, freedom, and flowers


One of my friends, "the other Sherry," just gave me this postcard because she said it made her think of me. It's perfect! Thanks, Sherry. So here is a quick post with some ...

SUNSHINE
FREEDOM
AND FLOWERS



First three photos are from yesterday's walk with the Feet and Forks at the new Dune Peninsula Park in Tacoma. More on that in the next post. We went down the slides and conquered big steps! That's freedom!





My son and his wife on vacation in Colorado this month.


And the flowers include fabric blooms. Sewing is as important as sunshine, flowers, and freedom. 

Collaged placemat I made about 20 years ago.

Tea towel embroidered by my friend's
90-some-year-old mother in law.

Sewing flowers on the deck.

Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Lovely! OMG, I can't remember the last time I went down a slide... must look into finding one!
I love the tea towel... reminds me of projects from my younger days.
The flowers, all of them, are lovely!