Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Nancy's Squash Squad quilt


My friend Nancy just finished a wool appliqué project that I think is really fun, so I asked if I could put it on the blog. It's from a Sue Spargo pattern called Squash Squad. Sue also has books out giving instructions for the embroidery stitching that you see here.

You can't appreciate the detail in the overall photo, so here are some details that show Nancy's amazing variety of stitching and all the colorful threads.


Click on each photo for a larger view.









What a great quilt for fall!

Have a colorful day




2 comments:

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

Gorgeous! I have friends doing this one as well. Such detailed stitching

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a treat for the eyes! I love it!