Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Presents



So here's what was in my daughter's present from the last post -- an advent calendar chest that she painted in her very cute style! Each of the 24 drawers contains goodies, and it was hard not to peek into each one.

Day 1 included chocolates, which I ate before I took the picture, a Starbucks gift card, nail polish and a memo pad. Day 2 was more chocolates. Today was this pair of saguaro cactus socks! She said she worked on this wonderful gift all year.


Another present was a visit last night from Dawn and her friend, Barbara, who flew down here from the rainy Northwest yesterday for a few days of golfing in the sun. But it's been pouring rain all day and more is forecast for tomorrow. However, we had fun last night at Guadalahara's Mexican restaurant, where they prepare salsa and guacamole at your table.


Nature's presents include blooms in every color of the rainbow, even though it's December. These are from my neighborhood walk this week.


Today I wrote out 63 holiday cards to get in the mail on Monday. Here's one of the cards I selected, featuring the beautiful colors of the Sonoran Desert. (If there are saguaro cactuses, you know it's the Sonoran Desert.) These cards are as much a gift to myself as to those who receive them. When I write each note, I'm flooded with happy memories of that particular person or family. When people tell me they no longer do cards, I feel a little sorry for them.




Have a colorful day

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm a Christmas card sender too, enjoying catching up with people I don't always see or communicate with any other time of the year. It really is a wonderful way to say, hey - I'm thinking of you and wish we could get together more often. It saddens me that so many friends quit sending cards to me but nothing I can do about that except keep sending mine their way. I always look forward to getting yours, so thoughtfully put together.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a lovely gift from your daughter, and I bet she enjoyed every moment of creating it for you!
Sorry to hear your friends got rainy weather for their visit but great that you got to see them and enjoy catching up and seeing all the beauty of the blooms!
Your cards put me to shame... I'm one who sends out very few anymore, but I'm not surprised you send out so many. Good for you, keeping the tradition alive!