Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, July 23, 2023

My granddaughter's first quilt!



My daughter found out that her baby is going to be a girl! So I pulled out a pink and yellow quilt top that I made about 15 years ago and saved, just in case Julia ever had a baby girl. It has scraps of this teddy bear fabric that I used for a little jacket for her when she was a toddler. I finished the quilt and sent it off to Spokane -- my first quilt for the baby that's due in January, with many more to come!


Meanwhile, it's been hot, hot, hot!!! Our highs haven't been below the hundreds in weeks, and the monsoon storms have started so it's no longer a dry heat. This is today's sunrise from my backyard, when it was a "cool" 82 degrees for my walk.




And this is a sunset last week from the front of my house at the end of another scorcher.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

How prescient of you. I might have thought to save the fabrics for when the time came, but not to have actually made a quilt and set it aside. If I had, I might not know where I put it when I needed to send it on its way! What a special gift that Julia will indeed appreciate and love.