Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Now what?



I need a new sewing project because it's too hot here in the Arizona desert to do anything outside. Today is our 40th day in a row of temperatures above 100 degrees, setting a new record. I think the highest was 112. People are going to the hospital with burns just from contact with pavement, so I mostly stay inside except for early morning.


Yesterday I dove into the big basket of fabric strips that I keep for making coiled bowls. I dumped them out and they seemed to multiply!

I ruthlessly tossed out the ones that didn't grab me anymore and sorted the rest into a color wheel. That was satisfying.


The neutrals got their own piles. Sometimes I like to incorporate blacks and whites for a little zing.


Here are some of my old bowls, which I started making about 15 years ago after Linda J. from my Sew Day group showed me the technique.



So now what? I might make some single-color bowls. I might add some shiny fabrics. I'm not sure yet.


Meanwhile, here's some humor!



Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Now you're talking! You need to make bowls to get rid of those fabric strips, unless
you would rather follow me down my "fabric twine" rabbit hole, lol! Stay cool, it will be Autumn before we know it!