Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Desert quilt, monsoon rain and sunset


I put the finishing touches on my desert quilt, giving the Kokopellis beaded navel rings and necklaces.

Kokopelli might be celebrating the monsoon rains that continue to fall here nearly every day, giving the desert a good drink. The clouds nestled in the Catalina Mountains near my neighborhood and the plants in my yard glistened with raindrops.

 

The storm clouds also gifted us with amazing sunsets! The following pictures are from my front yard -- I feel truly blessed to have this view.




And a couple of parting thoughts:




Have a colorful day



4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a happy quilt! And what a trueism - don't do that again. Not sure my body exactly whispers that though. It is getting quite vocal!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the quilt, and the amazing sunsets! Yeah, my body lets me know when I've gone too far, and I'm trying hard to listen, but my memory is not what it used to be, lol!

Janice Smith said...

Those sunset photos are stunning!!!

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

The quilt is fantastic and I love the belly rings!