Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, August 8, 2021

"Twilight Goddess" spirit doll

I finished another spirit doll, 

which I'm calling "Twilight Goddess."

I cut the body from a piece of purple fabric that I painted and quilted at least 13 years ago, because it was before I moved to Washington. You never know when the old UFOs will come in handy!

Then I embellished her, including giving her a goddess necklace from beads that were in my stash -- also at least 13 years old because they were from my jewelry making period.

Then I pulled out some more old painted fabric and added more paint and stamping. I made some open templates from old phone book pages to move around over the fabric to help decide what sections would make good spirit doll bodies.



But I think I also want to add snippets of sheers and glitz, so I went back into my stash and piled some fancy stuff on the table. I'll keep you posted on the progress.


In the meantime, here's a good quote for all of us creative types.



Have a colorful day



2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love her, and I love that you are having such fun making her and your others! We're never to old to "play with dolls", right?

Lynda said...

She is so cute! Love seeing your process with her and future spirit dolls.