Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Hiding the clutter and hiking


BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Eight yards of muslin and sticky-back Velcro took care of hiding the clutter that greets visitors as soon as they come in the front door or out of the guest room. I can't believe it took me 1 1/2 years to do it, especially considering that it only took a couple of hours!



This morning I went on my favorite hike, Canyon Loop at Catalina State Park, and enjoyed the crisp air and glorious sun. The desert trees seemed to float in the golden grasses, and the saguaros reached for the sky.
 



After hiking along a ridge and then down into a canyon, I rested at the creek near the petroglyphs that I told you about in an earlier post. My hiking friends are in Alaska chasing the Northern Lights, so I'm hiking solo this week.


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Smarty! Clever way to hide the clutter! I am surprised you didn't use some colorful fabric, but maybe it will get colorful if you do any projects with paint, tee-hee!

Lynda said...

Great pics as always. I'm with Judy on the color of the cloth cover. I immediately thought, wouldn't that be nice with southwest colors! Great idea!

Robbie said...

well, aren't you the clever one! Funny, my hubby had me make him a drape similar for under his work bench. He didn't like seeing all the boxes of tools/etc. so now it's covered with a tree fabric, which actually looks pretty good! HA I love your idea too!