Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, November 13, 2021

I found some petroglyphs



I was hiking on my favorite trail yesterday -- Canyon Loop in Catalina State Park -- and stumbled upon some petroglyphs! 


They were on a big rock not far off the trail near the creek. I don't know how I never spotted them before.


I couldn't find anything online about them, so I'll ask a ranger the next time I'm there.



The weather has been absolutely perfect for hiking in the morning lately, and I don't even have to start that early anymore to beat the heat. If I'm at the trailhead by 8:30 I can hike a few hours without getting too sweaty.


These photos are all from the Canyon Loop Trail, which I think is so beautiful no matter which way you look.


The lush grasses that grew during the summer monsoon have turned to gold and glow against the deep blue brilliant desert sky. This is why I moved here!



Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Lovely! Wish we lived closer... I'd come hike with you!

Lynda said...

What an exciting find! The pictures are lovely. I envy your weather right now!! Enjoy.

Robbie said...

What great pics and what a great hiking area! Looks so calm and peaceful...love seeing the landscape around you. Snow here and in the 30's! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr