Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Little projects


I don't have a big project going, so I sewed some little things this past week, starting with these little snow people made of felted wool circles. I'm giving them different hats to amuse myself.

They're designed to be hanging ornaments, but I think I'll make a bunch and stand them around the house -- again for my own amusement.

The pattern is by Primitive Gatherings.



Then I decided that I needed something to keep the tablecloth from blowing off my patio table, so I sewed little vinyl pockets at the corners and filled them with white rocks from the craft store. I got the idea from an art fair where a vendor sewed pockets filled with glitter, sequins and colored pebbles onto bright Mexican oilcloth tablecloths.



And here are some pictures of my daughter's little rabbits in tiny little crowns!


 

Have a colorful day 

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Gosh, I'm wondering if you couldn't substitute circles of cotton batting for the felted wool? Those are sure cute. And I tend to side with that second rabbit - lol

Quilts und mehr said...

Hi Sherrie
Great tip with the pebbles sewn in/on the table cloth! Hope will remember it when I should also need it once :-)
Have a good day.
Edith

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Very clever projects! I love the snowmen, too cute! And what a great way to keep your tablecloth from flying away... although up here, I think it would take cinderblocks, lol!
As for the bunny attire, they are adorable but I'll just bet the crowns didn't stay on very long. If I tried that on my cat, he would leave scars and a lot of blood to demonstrate his displeasure! ;-)