Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Cactus town quilt



This wilderness quote and photo were posted today in a Facebook hiking group that I belong to. The colors in the cactus quilt that I've been working on are pretty close to the greens in the photo.


I decided that the stitching I'm doing on the squares is more "mark making" than embroidery. I like that it looks like patterns scratched in the dirt with a stick. I'm using DMC pearl cotton NO. 8.


I pulled out some beiges for desert dirt squares ...


... and blues for the sky.

Meanwhile, in the real desert, wildflowers are really taking off! The next photos are from yesterday's hike in Catalina State Park along the 50-Year Trail.






Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Robbie said...

You know how much I love hand work and your 'stitches' are perfect on this piece!!!! I love it!!!