Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

My boy visited!!!


My son, Keith, visited me this past week from Madison, Wisconsin!!! It was the first time he's been to my Tucson house since I moved here two years ago and it was wonderful to have him here.

After I picked him up at the airport, our first stop was for lunch on the outdoor patio at CharroVida, a healthful Mexican restaurant that features vegan and vegetarian options. 

Then it was a hike a day for five days! We hit the trails at Catalina State Park (twice), Sabino Canyon, and the Linda Vista Loop (twice). 

He also fixed some cracks in the house, changed a furnace filter that was so high on my bedroom ceiling that we had to buy an eight-foot ladder, and fixed an issue on my iPhone so that I'm finally able to play music from it through my car while it's charging. And now I can charge the phone while the navigation voice is on, which it wouldn't do before.



The water in the desert is at Sabino Canyon, where snow melt is feeding the stream.


The palm trees were my view from the car as I waited for him in the airport's cell phone lot. I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming about living with palms and blue skies.

The first night we watched the sunset from my front porch, where he climbed up on the wall to get a better photo. I wish he was still here, but he promised to come back again next year. 


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Robbie said...

That is so wonderful you got to see and visit with your son! Looks like you had a great time and made some great memories!

Del said...

How lovely to have him visit. And to be so handy. If he wants to go to D'land he can stay with me, as long as he is willing to do most of those same tasks! Your images of the desert and the trickling stream are beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy your hikes until the summer heat limit you to early or late in the day. Hard to believe you have been there for two years already. Love, Del and KoKo

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

So glad he could come for a visit! You need to buy him a hat next time for your hikes, lol!
I was trying to remember how long ago you moved... time flies now that you're not trapped indoors with everything shut down!