Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, March 5, 2022

More spirit dolls for sale



My spirit dolls are finally taking off at the gallery (Absolutely Art Gallery and Gifts in Catalina), so I just made a few more. 

And here are five that I'm selling through the blog for $30, which includes shipping. If interested email me at sherriequilt.yahoo.com. They're 6-9 inches wide and about 11 inches high, plus the length of the yarn hanging from the bottoms.


"Dawn Spirit"


"Earth Mother"


"Spirit of the Southwest"


"Night Guardian"


"Twilight Spirit"

Here are the ones I just made for the gallery. They're bigger and cost more:

After making embellished bodies from my hand painted fabric, I select eye beads and decide on yarn for the hair.

Here's the finished green and blue one, called "After the Monsoon" because that's when the desert greens up and there are pools of water.


This next one is "Desert Blues." I decided to skip the hair and just use feathers on it.

I took the next two, representing twilight and desert heat, up to the gallery last week.



They're all inspired by the beautiful colors of nature in Arizona, like the sunset this week from my front porch ...

... and the next morning's sunrise from my back yard.


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

They're fabulous! Hope they all find new homes quickly so you can keep making more & more!

Lynda said...

Sherrie,

These are wonderful! You are on a roll!!