Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, March 1, 2024

Quilts and cacti

Last weekend was the Tucson quilt guild's annual show, Quilts Fiesta, and I won an honorable mention! That's Carol from Gig Harbor with me at the show's selfie booth.


My award was for "Beach Houses." I also entered "Garden Gone Wild," below. And that's another Gig Harbor friend, Pam, with me. They both came down for the show.



Carol stayed with me and treated me to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Guadalahara's. She's dipping into a huge bowl of guacamole that they made right at our table and it was delicious. And yes, that's a very large margarita!



In other news, the poppies here are blooming and painting the desert with golden patches.


The cacti are also very happy after recent winter rains.

The saguaros are fat and full of water and the prickly pears are plump and bright green. Tomorrow I'll get out for another hike in the desert.


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Congratulations on your award! And thanks for sharing the pictures of your lovely desert! It's still pretty dull up here and now the wind is coming to move the tumbleweeds around... happy March!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, good on you to enter and then win an award! They are both beautiful quilts. As for the poppies blooming . . . it snowed here overnight - a couple of inches - and just now pelted down sleet! No flowers here - lol.

Janice Smith said...

A lovely colorful post! Congratulations on your honorable mention at the quilt show. I love the cactus and poppies photos. :-)