Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, March 10, 2024

This and that

 


It was sunny yesterday with no prediction of rain when Barb and I started our desert hike, but about a mile into it those dark clouds began moving our way. After two miles it was sprinkling, so we turned around. But we still got in about four miles -- not bad!



Wednesday was Juniper's two-month birthday with a celebratory ice cream cone! (No pictures of her face will be on social media, but trust me when I say she's very cute.)


One of my daughter's coworkers brought over a clothesline filled with baby items that she's been collecting for Juniper. What a great and very thoughtful idea. The pen is where the three rabbits live in the living room.


After almost a month of indulging in Mexican food and desserts with my string of company, I decided to embark on a Mediterranean diet. I've been loading up on veggies and fish, but in a moment of weakness last night I baked a pan of brownies while watching a Rolling Stones concert documentary.



Good advice.
And here's your laugh for today:


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Can't help but wonder what you might have put in those brownies since you were watching that kind of documentary - lol.

I know the desire to do a bit of diet purging but I never seem to be able to keep to it. One dessert laiden holiday after another! Just bought my bag of reece's peanut butter eggs for Easter. And keep gravitating back to comfort food dinners - my doc says that yeah, prednisone will do that to you. Sigh . . . Hope your try at Mediterranean eating works for you.

Sherrie Spangler said...

No, they were not "special" brownies! But they definitely are not on the Mediterranean diet.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Aww, 2 months sure flew by! Bet she's keeping her parents on their toes!

Good for you doing what you can to eat healthy. I've cut way back on the comfort foods since last August and have been able to lose weight - the daily exercise has really helped a lot! Gotta watch those brownies though, lol!