Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Nuts eat


I forgot to report on the Nuts' latest sewing day. I know you're all waiting to see what we ate this month, so here it is! (Everyone should have friends like the Nuts.)


Nancy made lattes for everyone, then served us a healthy breakfast of yogurt, fruit and nuts, and muffins. I forgot to get a photo of lunch, but the highlight of the day was this spice layer cake with buttercream frosting topped with, appropriately, more nuts.


There was a lot of crazy quilt embroidery going on. Here's Nancy's very colorful block. Plenty of movement:





Carolynn was just getting started on her red block:




Linda worked on another embroidered tea towel. This one incorporates three things you see a lot of here -- lighthouses, evergreen trees, and seagulls.


And I made a few pillowcases for our quilt guild's ongoing project of donating colorful pillowcases to local hospitalized kids.



Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Ferguson said...

I had to speed by that picture of the cake. I just don't need the stress. The crazy quilting is something I am trying to learn. The nuts are the bomb of crazy quilting. Did that make sense?