Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zooming in on harbor reflections



I've been spending a lot of time down in the harbor this past month taking photos of the water activity. We've had sunshine and no rain nearly every day throughout August and September and I want to soak up every minute of it before the rainy months begin.

So here are some scenes of boats juxtaposed with zoomed in crops of just the reflections. I like abstract better than so-called reality, and the watery reflections remind me of abstract versions of the "real" thing. I put real in quotes because the reflections actually are just as "real."





 


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

You KNOW how much I love these. You KNOW how many reflections I've been capturing here in Rochester. We SO have to do something about this quilt wise, don't you think???

Terri Stegmiller said...

Very pretty photos. I love that close up shot of the colorful canoes.