Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cutest wallets ever



I'm jazzed about the pearl snaps I found at my last quilt show to put on these little fabric wallets. Nancy made the top one a few years ago as a gift, and I use it all the time when I don't want to carry a purse. It fits in most of my pockets and is big enough for ID, credit card, cash and Starbucks gold card.

Here's a link to the pattern, the Little Wallet by Valerie Wells: http://www.createforless.com/Stitchin+Post+Little+Wallet+Sewing+Card+Pattern/pid158804.aspx



I made the pink and green one for a challenge issued by fellow STITCH member Barbara. She printed suffragette sayings and photos on fabric and challenged us all to make something with them. The quote by Abigail Adams under the flap reads: "If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion."



The back is a photo printed on sheer organza and the text reads: "Women bring all voters into the world. Let Woman Vote."



Here's the snap setter kit that I bought at the Stitchin' Post booth at the Association of Pacific West Quilters Show last month in Tacoma. They were demonstrating it on the Little Wallets.

And here is a random food photo. I headed out yesterday to go for a walk and my neighbors waved me over to share bruschetta on their patio. Couldn't turn that down.

Have a colorful day

 

3 comments:

ellen gets crafty said...

Love the wallets, thanks for the link. The food looks good too!

Judy Ferguson said...

I have a couple of those wallets, without the extras. I also made some cell phone pouches that have a pocket on the back. They are very handy too.

Ladybug said...

What a coincidence - I recently made 3 of those little wallets for a yearly birthday celebration with 3 dear friends! They were a big hit, and pretty darn easy to make. Instead of fat quarters, I used 2 10" squares for each one, for a cost of around $1.99 each - can't beat that!