Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Color at the Stitchin' Post

I finally made it a few weeks ago to the famous Stitchin' Post quilt store in Sisters, OR. www.stitchinpost.com

Oh my, talk about COLOR!

I was in heaven, despite the slight haze of smoke outside from the wildfires that had been burning in central Oregon. I told my husband to just get comfy on a bench somewhere, because I'd be awhile.

I moved slowly, in awe, from one display of color to another ... fabric, wool, thread, books ... everything in glorious happy colors.



At first I made selections thoughtfully, then decided what the heck and started scooping up fat quarters in almost every polka dot color on display. You never know when you might need a hot orange on magenta polka dot in the dead of winter.



The high walls were covered with incredible quilts, many designed by owner Jean Wells and her daughter, Valori. Jean is the woman behind the famous Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, which has draped the town in quilts every July since 1975.


The Christmas corner, below, features a delicate, graphic fabric line by Valori, called Wrenly's Christmas.


And the WOOL! Look at this luscious display of wool applique and beautiful rows of wool thread in a soft rainbow.



Next to the quilt section is a large yarn area, with piles of gorgeous, soft yarns to tempt even the non-knitter.

It was hard to leave, but I did come away with a bagful of color to get me through the winter.


Have a colorful day



3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

That definitely looks like a place to add to my shop hop wish list.

Judy Ferguson said...

Oh my goodness, my goodness!! Simply irresistible.

Ladybug said...

Look out winter, Sherrie's got some color!!