Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, December 15, 2017

Another wool reindeer


All week I've been itching to start a reindeer like the ones in the last post from the Woolies meeting, so today I dove into my stash and started cutting. Pam, from Woolies, generously gave me a piece of grey herringbone wool to use after I admired it in her reindeer, so that was the base.


I mainly used scraps for the rest of the details, and I'm considering these green and blue cottons as a border. The background is a dotted ivory cotton.


Now I'm whipstitching the reindeer, sitting at the kitchen counter with my reindeer placemat.


In other sewing news, STITCH met this week for our holiday party. Only six of us could make it, but we partied and ate well.


We gave each other little gifts and had a fabulous potluck meal.


Have a colorful day



4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, my! I love all the colors, and the herringbone is beautiful. Is it felt too? Have fun embellishing with your wonderful stitches!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Judy, the herringbone is felted. I think Pam thrifted it and then felted it in the washer and dryer. She buys a lot of wool clothes at the thrift store and felts them.

Robbie said...

How adorable!!!! Looks like a very nice day!!!

sonja said...

That is so sweet, The blue bird of happiness and raindeer sharing the day!I think this would make a great Christmas card!
Merry and happy sewing and cookie eating! Aloha, Sonja