Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas workshop goings on


We've emerged into the sunshine from a weeklong tunnel of rain, and it's giving me energy to bustle around with Christmas preparations. 

I started the morning by bringing out a winter mug for my coffee and sipped it while I finished binding the Christmas houses quilt.


Cards are coming along on schedule, with half of the 94 ready to mail. I love this year's winter stamps, which are from "The Snowy Day" book. I ordered colorful red and white return address labels and printed out our annual newsletter that goes in the cards.


Usually I make cards with one of my own photos, but this year I couldn't find one that I liked enough so I bought a selection of Northwest cards with really fun, colorful artwork ... 20% off at Ace Hardware's Ladies Night!



Since I'm compulsive, all of the gifts are organized by recipients. Life just feels better when things are organized!


Next on today's schedule is a trip to the post office to mail all of the out-of-town gifts. Whew. I always look forward to getting that done because it means I can focus on gifts for those in town and on baking and not feel anymore pressure.

Then there are five holiday potlucks/parties on the horizon!


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

well, first off looking forward to seeing pics of all your parties! HA My kids tease me because I wrap each persons gifts in their own wrapping paper! HA Guess that is a little organization too. HA

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Busy girl! I feel good 'cause I found some cards and got the address list updated. Now to actually do something with them! Enjoy the season, and the sunshine!