Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, December 11, 2017

Wooly reindeer and mittens


We had a herd of reindeer
at our Woolies meeting today! 

First, Pam pulled out her grey wool reindeer, above, which I photographed with the picture from the pattern. Then Mary brought out a wrapped prize, given to the person whose name was drawn, and it was another wool reindeer made from the same pattern!
 

Here's the pattern. It's from the Two Thimbles quilt store in Bellingham, WA: quilts.html


Pam also had a fun wool mitten table runner, with plenty of embroidery embellishment.



It was also our holiday potluck, with a full load of festive food.  


Janey made a delicious Christmas tree with pizza dough, spinach and cheese. Then there were veggie bars, deviled eggs, a chop chop salad, fruit, a cheeseball, chocolate cake, candy and cinnamon rolls. I'm probably forgetting something, but I didn't miss anything when I loaded up my plate.


I love our Woolies group. Pam started it a year ago, and every monthly meeting is incredibly inspiring as well as being a day to relax with others while stitching and chatting. Thanks, Pam!

Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Luann Fischer said...

Great pictures of EVERYTHING ! ! !

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

They're really lovely, all of them! And the food looks delish... think I just gained an ounce just looking at it!

Lynda said...

Oh Sherrie, I love them all!! I need to find or start a "Woolie" group. Another inspirational post. And the food - OMG!! YUM!