Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, December 22, 2017

Reindeer update


I'm slowly decorating my wool reindeer, grabbing a few moments in between Christmas preparations and daily chores. I decided to add a bright nose and make him Rudolph. The outline stitch that looks like a twisted candy cane is the wrapped backstitch, which is my new favorite.


This morning I made cookies for when our Christmas company arrives (and for my snacking pleasure).


One of our visitors will be Bunners! Here's a video my daughter sent of her experiencing snow. Bunners is going on 12 years old and is slowing down just a little. I'm not sure if the video will work for you, but it shows her gazing contemplatively and then hopping in a little circle before settling down again. 


No snow here -- just grey skies and chilly. It's good weather for baking cookies and stitching.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love Rudolph! And the cookies look yummy. Looks like the video only came thru as a still shot, but bet it's cute. Enjoy your Christmas and stay warm! We have bitter cold here now, and did get a dusting of snow... I'm trying not to come down with anything, so mostly staying inside.