Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, December 8, 2017

More sewing, baking


I was working on another set of Christmas gifts today (above) and realized that the gifts and all of my sewing paraphernalia have my favorite color, that luscious, glowing yellowy green. I hadn't planned on making anything else, but yesterday I came across a quick and easy pattern and I felt like sewing something, so I did.


I also tried a new vegan cookie recipe for my daughter: Crystallized Ginger Molasses Cookies. Wow, are they good! I put them in the freezer for her visit, but I keep taking them out one at a time and warming them in the microwave.

Update on her stolen car: The police recovered it yesterday after two weeks, but it smells awful inside and three of the maintenance lights are on. Insurance will pay for repairs, but then she wants to get rid of it and start out fresh. It's pretty old and has a lot of mileage.


Our weather this week has been a mix of sunshine and fog, depending on where you are and the time of day. This silvery grey image was the view from our deck, but the same day we had blue skies in downtown Gig Harbor, 15 minutes away. 


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love your sewing project! And your photos are lovely. I confess, I am not fond of fog, but I know it's part of the price you pay for living on the water. The downtown picture is more to my liking, 'cause I'm a sunshine gal. But you managed to make even the fog look alluring!

Robbie said...

The colors of your project are lovely! My pallet for sure! Nice workmanship as always!

Lynda said...

Love those leaves. I worked on leaves last night but not as pretty as yours! Love those greens. Cookies sound wonderful. Sounds like you might need to make some more before she gets there!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Whatever you're working on in that lovely green with leaves sure caught my eye. A perfect tonic for the fog you've been enduring.

I supposed that's good news about the car, or rather good news, bad news. Don't blame her for wanting to rid herself of it once it is repaired.

Put that cookie back in the freezer! ;-)