Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A few hundred French knots later


I decided that the vines on my wool house would look better with flowers, so I just did a few hundred French knots with Laura Wasilowski's fabulous hand-dyed pearl cotton #5 thread. I love the way the colors in one skein range from warm yellow through peach and a pretty pink.


Here's a pile of her threads, which she sells at www.artfabrik.com. Every few years I order another handful of skeins -- it's like choosing candy at the candy store.


I've been dragging out this block-of-the-month wool applique project for a year and a half, and I've only finished seven blocks. No rush! Here are some more details.




Have a colorful day


4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

If you have to do a few hundred of something, french knots aren't a bad way to go. :-) This is looking fabulous!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

It's always such a treat to see your wonderful embellishments!

Robbie said...

Your workmanship always pleases me...and inspires me! Lovely

sonja said...

have you ever noticed that... food colors are great quilt fabric colors? i didand I love enchilada colors allot!!