Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Feet & Forks in Leavenworth, Day 1

Joyce, Kandi, myself, and Nancy ready to take off!

The Feet & Forks took off Monday for a fun four days of hiking and eating in the mountain town of Leavenworth on the sunny side of the Cascades. I just got back and am too tired to edit the trip down to one post, so I'm being lazy and showing photos, chronologically, from Day 1.


Traffic leaving Tacoma on I-5 was horrible, but once we got through that it opened up and we made good time. It's about three hours total. We stopped at the Cle Elum Bakery, above, and fortified ourselves. My jelly donut was delish.


We got to Leavenworth too early to check into the condo, so we had lunch in the courtyard at South, above, a Latin-inspired restaurant. I had sweet potato enchiladas that were excellent.


Then we checked into our condo, with this killer view from the back patio. I could've spent the entire trip just looking out at the view with my feet propped up and an iced tea by my side. The temperature was in the mid-80s, so I drank a lot of iced tea.


But since we are the FEET & Forks, we put on our walking shoes and hiked along the city's peaceful Wenatchee River Loop Trail. Bird calls filled the air and flowing water sparkled. The photos above and below are all from that walk.



White cottonwood tree fluff floated in the air, looking like snow. On the ground it resembled snow drifts. 


Back at the condo, I had lunch leftovers for dinner and we watched the movie "Roman J. Israel, Esq.," a dramatic thriller about an idealistic lawyer in Los Angeles. It was good and I slept well afterward. More tomorrow.

Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, My... road trip! Looks beautiful, and I can't wait to hear more!

Lynda said...

Love road trips!! Sounds like a good start. Looking forward to the next post!

Robbie said...

What wonderful views!!! Felt like I got to take a trip with 'ya all'!!! Thanks!