Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Corn and tomatillos



I couldn't resist photographing the lovely yellow and green of grilled corn and tomatillo sauce in my kitchen tonight.

We're having friends over tomorrow for a Mexican feast, and I'm trying out a new Mexican corn salad recipe that uses grilled corn, lime juice, mayo, cotija cheese and cilantro. I also made my own tomatillo sauce for the first time and couldn't believe how easy it was! I'll use it for chicken enchiladas verde.


The colors go with this shot from my work table of hand-woven silk from Cambodia that I'm going to use in the May color block. I bought the silk piece at least 15 years ago and was waiting for just the right project before cutting into it.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Yum! And beautiful fabric... looking forward to seeing how you use it in your color block. Glad I'm not the only one who has stashes that go back that far! ;-)

Robbie said...

Love the silk and color!!! Mexican is my favorite! Not hubbies so much so I have to make Mexican for dinner...but we do go to Mexican restaurant from time to time. Can't wait to hear how your new corn dish turned out! Do tell!