Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

April block and Julia's visit


I finally did my April color block, halfway through May. The move to a new house sidetracked me for a few weeks. Basically, April was rainy. I think we set a record for rainfall. The little squiggles of pink are azaleas and rhodies that started blooming.

Here are this year's blocks so far, with dark January in the upper left, dreary February upper right, sunny March lower left, and rainy April lower right.

To see what other fiber artists have been up to this week, I'm linking to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday: vacation-inspiration-off-wall-friday.html


In other news, Julia visited for Mother's Day and brought my grand bunnies! Lots of snuggle time.


Yesterday was sunny and in the 80s, so we walked in the harbor. This is one of the historic net sheds that dot the waterline.


Snowy Mount Rainier, 40 miles away, rises above Gig Harbor. When someone says, "The mountain is out," it means it's sunny and you can see Rainier. Much of the year it's hidden by clouds.


Afterward, we made a stop at Goodwill and then Julia had tofu pho and I had a Thai iced tea at Fresh Rolls. Cheap and fresh eats.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

In the spirit of your post about the quilt that suddenly looked better when turned on its side, I tipped my head to the left and suddenly saw a fairly vibrant landscape scene. There's a deep lake, mountains, rock formations and a castle wall there on the right. Quite a surprise.

In its intended orientation, I wondered, is that a whale down in the left hand corner? You know me - my brain seizes upon things and works really hard to make them into something!