Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Home Made Cafe in Pt. Orchard, WA


I picked up on three themes at The Home Made Cafe in Pt. Orchard last week, besides great comfort food. They are: the color purple, reclaimed old doors, and Buddha statues. My kind of place!

My vegetable omelette was delicious and healthy.
My friend Sherry and I were looking for a good place for lunch after her p.t. appointment, and the receptionist recommended it. Great find! It's small in space but big on atmosphere and food.

Sherry's salmon burger was colorful enough for the blog.
Here is the story of the cafe, 
which is in an old church:



As noted, there is a lot of purple:



... and old doors:



Even the art is of old doors.


... and Buddhas:




Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Robbie said...

What a unique cafe!!! And a lot of history to boot! I bet this building has some tails it could tell! Food looked delicious too!