Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Catching up


Here's a little roundup of the past week, starting with scenes from the beautiful Gig Harbor waterfront, then our neighborhood nature and finally inside our home for Thanksgiving.

Last weekend, Dave and I walked the harbor on a sunny, crisp fall day. Mt. Rainier was out and the big fishing boats were lined up. We were there for the Chum Festival, which celebrates the salmon coming home to spawn. Blue and white dominated.



I also try to walk daily in the neighborhood, and here the colors are mainly green and gold.



Moving inside, here are a couple of pictures from Thanksgiving. The group shot is tilted and blurry, but Dave managed to get us all in with help from the selfie stick. That's me at the far end and that's a wool applique table runner that I made from a Sue Spargo pattern.


We served buffet style, with hot dishes lined up on the kitchen counter. Everything was delicious (burp), and now I need to go on longer walks to work it off.


Next up: Christmas lights!


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Robbie said...

What wonderful surroundings you have to venture out or take walks!! Your buffet looks great. That's the way we always feed family too! I don't remember what we did as kids...think all the food was on the table! HA We must make way too much because there wouldn't be room for it all! HA

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

You truly had a "groaning board" with all that food... yum! I love the picture with the leaves on fescue... gave me an idea for a felt piece, and the little I could see of your table runner, it's lovely!
Enjoy walking off your feast, and thanks for all the lovely pix of your surroundings, beautiful!