Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, November 26, 2018

Procrastinating


My plan was to get the house decorated for Christmas today before doing anything else, but I'm burning out. Every time we move to a new house -- like this year -- I have to rethink where to put all the decorations. It stresses me out, so every year I put up less and less.

And today when I unpacked my battery-operated candles, I discovered that they had melted and reformed while in storage into weird shapes. This one looks more like a bone than a candle.


So I took a break to print the photos for my November color block ...


... and to pull together the fabric for it.


Then I hung Christmas towels in the bathrooms and took another break to stitch a little on my latest wool project.



Now I'm stymied because the extension cords, which I need for the lights, are packed away at my husband's shop; the melted candles need batteries; and I remembered that last year as I packed to move to the new house I gave away all of my fake pine branches, which I need for my arrangements. So now I have to either clip some real ones (but it's pouring rain) or buy more.

I think I'll just pour another glass of iced tea and do some more stitching.

Have a colorful day



2 comments:

Robbie said...

I'd be pouring another glass of wine! HA My tree is always up a week or two before Thanksgiving due to kids visiting from Indiana...but this year they couldn't make it, hence, the tree came out yesterday and when I put it together it fell down! The base broke...so hubby was gluing it today...I should get to finish it on Wednesday...I too put up less and less each year. Mainly because I have to take it all down Christmas night after my step kids leave...we pack the suitcases and car for Florida on the 26th and leave on the 27th...doesn't give me much time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! HA

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

You do such a beautiful job of decorating for the holidays, but I know it's lots of work especially having to come up with a new plan! I have turned into a minimalist... a few Poinsettias, maybe a table tree... not much more than that, mainly 'cause it's just my hubby & me and he doesn't even notice it. I'd rather be making things, so I totally understand that you would rather be stitching, and I love what you are working on!